The eyes are a very prominent feature of one’s face. However, the more beautiful it is, you take the more care to keep your eyes looking good. If your irregular sleep schedule, stress, or any other situation has caused eye bags under or over your eyes, you need to start taking care of yourself. Usually, these eye bags can be treated at home by following some easy skincare habits. However, if you have more prominent and visible eye bags, you can go for an eye bag surgery (ผ่าตัดถุงใต้ตา, which is the term in Thai).
What Is Eye Bag Surgery?
Lower lid blepharoplasty is a medical procedure to remove eye puffiness. People who have big bags under their eyes can go through this treatment. Visible wrinkles, puffiness, and sagging of the skin can be treated by performing this surgery. People who get facelifts generally get this treatment done along with it. Local or general anesthesia is given before starting this procedure.
Just like any other surgery, there are after-effects of this surgery as well. One can experience bruising, soreness, and bleeding. Although you don’t need to face these side effects, they are likely to happen in some cases. After getting an eye bag surgery, you must recover for at least two weeks. It is advised to apply the cold compress for the first two to three days after the surgery. The whole process of this surgery takes about two to three hours.
Eye Bag Surgery: Procedure
Let us now look at the step-by-step process to get rid of eye bags. If you are getting an eye bag surgery, here’s what to expect:
- Before starting with the surgery, the surgeon will make markings on the area that has to be targeted. This will help them to see better.
- Two types of anesthesia might be given to you so that you would not feel any pain:
- Local Anesthesia: In this case, the patient is fully awake and can see what is happening. Only the eye area is numbed, and the rest of the body is movable.
- General Anesthesia: In this case, the patient is fully asleep and unaware of what is happening. It is mainly given when a patient has many procedures at a time.
- The cuts will be made, and excess skin or fat will be removed from your under eyes.
- The skin will be sutured, and a seamless effect will occur.